Irritating things I miss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by midnightblze View Post
    More memories and sad thoughts. Today I started making tuna sandwiches. When it came time to set the tuna water aside for the little red beast I just lost it. The two canine lapped up the mess when I dropped the small bowl on the floor. Almost forty years of saving that special kitty treat is a real hard habit to break and a real hard reminder of the wonderful goofiness and special antics the feline furry ones can enchant us with. I miss that noisy sweet and goofy little purring machine
    Hugs, Jim.I've misssed them all after they left me but none so much as Stanley, my Red Boy.
    Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by KarenA View Post

Hugs, Jim.I've misssed them all after they left me but none so much as Stanley, my Red Boy.
      Puddles was a little red girl too. Sweet little scamp that sat in a rain puddle waiting for me to pick her up. Then climbed onto my shoulder and purred her acceptance. Then in no longer than a week knocked over her first glass(at least a plastic one) and shredded a roll of toilet paper, how much her tiny paws could grab.
      "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Well seems the little red purring machine decided I needed a visit. Woke up from a nap earlier and there was an ad for cat litter on tv. Half asleep I got up and went to change the litter box and the water works started when I got into the spare bathroom. I miss the little red beast still and found the pictures of her from the old forums. She loved sitting on my chest and getting her scritches. Then I looked at the date and realized, three months ago she went on her journey. The two dogs sure enjoyed the extra tummy rubs and treats they got.
        "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Well seems the little red purring machine decided I needed a visit. Woke up from a nap earlier and there was an ad for cat litter on tv. Half asleep I got up and went to change the litter box and the water works started when I got into the spare bathroom. I miss the little red beast still and found the pictures of her from the old forums. She loved sitting on my chest and getting her scritches. Then I looked at the date and realized, three months ago she went on her journey. The two dogs sure enjoyed the extra tummy rubs and treats they got.
          Of course you miss her, Jim. Maybe one day another meowsie will show up at your door needing scritches.
          Karen A/Publicist

Comment

I may start doing volunteer work at a shelter. Play with and socializing the strays and kitties and puppies. Haven't decided to commit yet. Not sure just how or if I can handle knowing if they aren't adopted then they are euthanized. There are just so many available. I'd already have one senior kitty if the looming health problems did not negate that.

Comment

I may start doing volunteer work at a shelter. Play with and socializing the strays and kitties and puppies. Haven't decided to commit yet. Not sure just how or if I can handle knowing if they aren't adopted then they are euthanized. There are just so many available. I'd already have one senior kitty if the looming health problems did not negate that.
              I know I'd have a hard time with that. I'd want to bring them all home. Good luck in whatever you decide.
              Jill Gallo /Manager
              The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Three months isn't very long, it's never long enough to get over such a loss.
                Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I'd have to volunteer at a no kill shelter...it takes a certain kind to do that work and not want to take them all home.

Comment

And another day to think about the bridge crew members. It has been a year since Faith, the Dainty One took her trip to the bridge. Grumpy beast that she was she also had her gifted smiles. Never had a cat that insisted on being fed occasionally by putting the dish in my lap. Just so she could receive her proper back rubs. And the other way she loved to be petted. I had to hang my hand over the side of the couch or chair. Then she walked underneath my hand while my fingers rubbed her back. Skyler was her nemesis though. Ninety pound dog twelve pound cat. She won those encounters. I suspect it was because the big goofy collie was so gentle. Then she gave him that good-bye hug when he was being taken to the vets for his trip to the bridge. I'm quite sure those two are stretched out in the sun and looking at the clouds and soaking up the sun.

Comment

I'm quite sure those two are stretched out in the sun and looking at the clouds and soaking up the sun.
                      Yes, and in good company.
                      The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

And another day to think about the bridge crew members. It has been a year since Faith, the Dainty One took her trip to the bridge. Grumpy beast that she was she also had her gifted smiles. Never had a cat that insisted on being fed occasionally by putting the dish in my lap. Just so she could receive her proper back rubs. And the other way she loved to be petted. I had to hang my hand over the side of the couch or chair. Then she walked underneath my hand while my fingers rubbed her back. Skyler was her nemesis though. Ninety pound dog twelve pound cat. She won those encounters. I suspect it was because the big goofy collie was so gentle. Then she gave him that good-bye hug when he was being taken to the vets for his trip to the bridge. I'm quite sure those two are stretched out in the sun and looking at the clouds and soaking up the sun.
                        How funny - Stella does that too and I call it 'autopet.'
                        Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
                          Yes, and in good company.
                          We've had a lot of furkids cross the Bridge inour years here at the Forum...it never gets any easier.

Comment

Working...
                          X