Gabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabby

I know it has been a while since I have been here. I have been reading the posts but not saying much. But I need to pass along a bit of sad news. Tonight Gabby made her passage to the rainbow bridge. She has been having some problems lately. More in line with a 12 year old dog troubles. She had an appointment to see her vet later since she did seem to be getting very weak at times and then an hour late she was back up and digging her hole in the blanket she slept in to cover herself up. But tonight she pawed my foot to let me know it was time for her late night potty trip. So I let her out. Thirty minutes later she still had not asked to be let back in so I went out with the flash light to see where she was sitting and waiting for me to bring her in. I funally found her under one of the crepe myrtle bushes curled up and not breathing. My little one went out to pass away on her own. Later today I will find the shovel and find a spot under one of the flowering bushes for her final resting place. She goes in her grave with her favorite blanket and a handful of her treats. My sweet little pupper. I will miss the little scamp. Thank you for listening .
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's never long enough, and they're never old enough. I can't imagine the shock of finding her there. Hang in there.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

I am so sorry to read this. It seemed she wanted to chose a spot that was special for her to pass those final moments. It will leave a hole in your heart.
      sigpic

Comment

Iím so sorry Jim...she was quite the big personality and a big part of the forum for a long time. What a little cutie she was and so special. Itís hard to adjust to such a big loss so be good to yourself. Weíre here if you need us.
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

She picked her time and place and left you no doubt. That's a parting gift, even if it doesn't feel that way. Safe travels to her.

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear that Gabby has passed. I have always enjoyed the stories about the little scamp!
            Mary
            ----with Sadie, Elsie, Saffron, Peaches & James ----

Comment

Iím sorry to hear about Gabby. She had a great life with you and left it on her own terms. Bless her heart for sparing you that final trip to the vet. My condolences
              The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. She was a special little girl. So sweet and loving. Biggest thing I miss is the little beast curling up at my side and snoring. yes she was a furry buzz saw when I napped on the couch. Funny thing was she didn't do that in the bed though. It is just me and Molly now. She has her own special ways too, never one to play fetch or tug-o-war or anything like that. But make the mistake of leaving a squeaky toy near her teeth and it is instant fuzzy stuffing all over the place. Gabby was really funny as a little puppy though. Her favorite game was with Lumpy, my huge sheltie rescue. The two of them played tug-o-war with a chew rope. She was on the couch and he walked back and forth along the couch while she ran with her end of the rope in her mouth growling like a fearsome beast. Memories and smiles of a sweet and goofy little love bug
                "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I'm so sorry you lost your Gabby puppy. She was part of our family and especially your family. Perhaps she didn't want to go to the vet for that last visit - it certainly seems she knew the end was coming. I'm sure her passing was peaceful. I know how much you will miss her - and so will wel
                  Hugs
                  Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Working...
                  X