Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Volume" indicator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Volume" indicator?

    What's with the little gauges that appear next to our names? Mine shows a level of two, while others show higher levels. Does that mean you guys are louder than me?
    Dav Vandenbroucke

  • #2
    Could be! I really have no idea.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by davanden View Post
      What's with the little gauges that appear next to our names? Mine shows a level of two, while others show higher levels. Does that mean you guys are louder than me?
      If you hover over it, it says something. Diane's said that there was an aura about her, and yours said Will become famous soon enough. Mine says the same thing as Dav's. My guess is that it has something to do with the amount of posts that you make. The more you post, the higher your level goes up.
      Last edited by JGallo; 04-08-2016, 06:03 PM.
      Jill Gallo /Manager
      The Petsforums Management Team

      My Albums

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't have any - does that mean I don't exist? Wonder how many posts it takes to get one red mark?

        Carol

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CarolD View Post
          I don't have any - does that mean I don't exist? Wonder how many posts it takes to get one red mark?

          Carol
          Keep posting and we'll find out
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

          My Albums

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't see it. Testing.
            The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

            Comment


            • #7
              This has to be the worst forum software I have seen. I just spent 10 minutes editing my avatar, and even though it kept telling me error uploading image it was uploading the image. It was impossible to edit it on my Kindle, in fact this software is not Kindle friendly at all, which is a shame. I spent another five minutes trying to figure out how to post a new message and finally gave up. I am going to try and upload a test picture with this but I know it isn't going to work, I suspect there are some size limits but the error message is less then helpful.

              Yep, it failed the size was 800 X 600 and works fine with facebook and other forums. The error message is just error uploading image.
              Janice



              If you touch me, You'll know what happiness is
              Trevor Nunn, T S Eliot, Andrew Lloyd Webber

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
                I don't see it. Testing.
                See these pictures, one of your display, and one of mine. Note the white bar underneath your picture thingie. Mine has a couple of colored rectangles; yours doesn't.
                Dav Vandenbroucke

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mountain-mama View Post
                  This has to be the worst forum software I have seen. I just spent 10 minutes editing my avatar, and even though it kept telling me error uploading image it was uploading the image. It was impossible to edit it on my Kindle, in fact this software is not Kindle friendly at all, which is a shame. I spent another five minutes trying to figure out how to post a new message and finally gave up. I am going to try and upload a test picture with this but I know it isn't going to work, I suspect there are some size limits but the error message is less then helpful.

                  Yep, it failed the size was 800 X 600 and works fine with facebook and other forums. The error message is just error uploading image.
                  Janice...to post a new message, go to the top of the screen and click on "Forums" then pick a forum you want to post in, i.e., The Watering Hole, then scroll down just a bit and find the blue highlighted "New Topic" and click on that. I will check with Jes to see why your are having issues with posting pictures.
                  Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by davanden View Post

                    See these pictures, one of your display, and one of mine. Note the white bar underneath your picture thingie. Mine has a couple of colored rectangles; yours doesn't.
                    I get it. You are on the "posts" tab and I usually use the latest activity tab where the bar is not visible. I have more posts than you so you must be louder than me.
                    The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DianeP View Post

                      Janice...to post a new message, go to the top of the screen and click on "Forums" then pick a forum you want to post in, i.e., The Watering Hole, then scroll down just a bit and find the blue highlighted "New Topic" and click on that. I will check with Jes to see why your are having issues with posting pictures.
                      Jesse is working on the problem with posting pictures, still no Joy and then I was unable to log into the forum at all but Jesse got that fixed. Gee couldn't they have had a few more steps to create a post.
                      Janice



                      If you touch me, You'll know what happiness is
                      Trevor Nunn, T S Eliot, Andrew Lloyd Webber

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X