Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cat is coughing up clear, watery goo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cat is coughing up clear, watery goo?

My cat Wicca is about 5 years old.
    This morning I awoke to the sound of her puking. Okay, gross. But cats puke sometimes so I didnt think much of it. But this was a clear substance? I didnt think it over too much, cleaned it, and went back to bed. Its 3pm now (its been about 5 hours since first occurence), and shes done this same thing 3 more times. I dont know if this will help out, but she recently also had an eye problem. It lasted about three days but it looks better now, we think she may've just scratched it. Anyways, I want my cat to be ok. I love her dearly and want your opinions before I take her to the vet, as I'd have to walk and its quite far.

Thank you and meow!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Does the cat ever go outside? Could she have gotten into anything outside or inside like eating or chewing on a plant? Is she eating? It's impossible to diagnose anything like this over the internet of course, so generally we say that if something like this lasts more than a day a vet visit is in order. Do you have a friend who could drive you, or maybe a house-call vet in the area? It's really important to see a vet if she's not eating or pooping. Please keep us posted!
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

She did it again later on yesterday night. My mom claims she hasnt been eating. She seems to be sticking closer to me than usual as well. We have another cat aswell, so its difficult to tell if shes been in the washroom.As shes been sticking so close to me though, I doubt shes gone to the washroom. When she does throw up the clear liquid, there is a LOT of it. Both my cats are strictly indoors. My cat is even terrified of outside. She'll pee on you if you try to carry her outside. So I dont think anything outside is the cause.

Comment

If she hSn't been eating, you ned to get her to the vet as soon as possible.
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Any followup on this?
          Dr. Gus

Comment

My cat was also tearing. I was worried about her health. We went to the vet and he said that she had worms. My friend advised me best otc cat dewormer online. I bought it. Now we are fine.

Comment

Just beware of OTC dewormers. It is not that they may not work, it is they may not work well enough, and simply hide the issue. And how would the vet know if she had worms without a test? Something doesn't seem to add up. The two most important things are is your cat is drinking and eating, especially drinking? They can go a bit without eating, but not drinking is an emergency.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel2526 View Post
                My cat was also tearing. I was worried about her health. We went to the vet and he said that she had worms. My friend advised me best otc cat dewormer online. I bought it. Now we are fine.
                Glad to hear about that your cat is okey so far.

Comment

Working...
                X