Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy Not Interested in ANY Food

Hey, all,

My puppy boy (~7 months old Husky/Malamute/GSD mix) has decided that he doesn't care for food. Meaning any food. He stopped touching his raw. Okay, so after a hunger strike, we tried kibble. Nope. Not interested in chicken. Not interested in even the smelliest of foods/treats.

Nothing else is wrong. No lethargy. No vomiting. No diarrhea. He's drinking and playing with all the same energy--just VERY reluctantly eating 1/3rd of what he was just 2 weeks or so ago.

He is currently intact. We do not free feed and never have. He's always eaten enthusiastically before. We've tried feeding out of different bowls, on the floor, on his snuffle mat. Nothing encourages him.

A friend of mine mentioned that it can be normal for intact male adolescents to lose interest in food. Is this common? Should I be worried?

Since he was eating three times as much until recently, I would say a vet visit is in order. I'm not a vet, nor a dog person but if he were mine that's what I would do.
    Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by luffypets View Post
      Hey, all,

My puppy boy (~7 months old Husky/Malamute/GSD mix) has decided that he doesn't care for food. Meaning any food. He stopped touching his raw. Okay, so after a hunger strike, we tried kibble. Nope. Not interested in chicken. Not interested in even the smelliest of foods/treats.

Nothing else is wrong. No lethargy. No vomiting. No diarrhea. He's drinking and playing with all the same energy--just VERY reluctantly eating 1/3rd of what he was just 2 weeks or so ago.

He is currently intact. We do not free feed and never have. He's always eaten enthusiastically before. We've tried feeding out of different bowls, on the floor, on his snuffle mat. Nothing encourages him.

A friend of mine mentioned that it can be normal for intact male adolescents to lose interest in food. Is this common? Should I be worried?
      I've never heard of any healthy dog losing interest in food. He needs to see a vet.
      Jill Gallo /Manager
      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

I have already heard many times about dogs not wanting to eat. In my case, it was because the previous owner of my dog would give her human food. So when I brought her home I tried to make her eat normal dog food and didnt work. I had to first mix dog food with human food, so she was more interest in this kind of food. And after a few weeks I start feeding her just with dog food. But I was lucky she was still a puppy, so she got used to dog food very fast.

Please let us know if you solved this issue.

Warm greetings for you and your dog!

Comment

Working...
        X