Thread: Dasuquin vs Cosequin

Default Dasuquin vs Cosequin

Is Dasuquin as good as Cosequin? I've been giving Amy Dasuquin soft chews since she'll eat them. She's at a point where she won't eat any *pet tab* type vitamin. I can break them up and put them in her food, but sometimes she still gets little pieces out of her dish.

Often if I put Powdered vitamins in her food, she won't eat it. She's eating the Dasuquin soft chews with no problem. I hope they'll be just as effective in helping her arthritis as Cosequin would.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 30 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Petsforums Management Team

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 30 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't see any substantial difference between Cosequin and Dasuquin for cats.

When Kalki (rb) was on glucosamine/chondroitin, I got 250 mg capsules from Rite Aid, and she ate them up. I first started pouring the powder over her wet food, but she liked it so much I didn't have to hide it.

Seems like the 250 mg size is no longer sold.

Quote Originally Posted by calicokitty View Post
    I don't see any substantial difference between Cosequin and Dasuquin for cats.

When Kalki (rb) was on glucosamine/chondroitin, I got 250 mg capsules from Rite Aid, and she ate them up. I first started pouring the powder over her wet food, but she liked it so much I didn't have to hide it.

Seems like the 250 mg size is no longer sold.
    Good. The only major difference for me is that Dasuquin comes in soft chews.
    Jill Gallo /Manager

Quote Originally Posted by JGallo View Post
    Is Dasuquin as good as Cosequin? I've been giving Amy Dasuquin soft chews since she'll eat them. She's at a point where she won't eat any *pet tab* type vitamin. I can break them up and put them in her food, but sometimes she still gets little pieces out of her dish.

Often if I put Powdered vitamins in her food, she won't eat it. She's eating the Dasuquin soft chews with no problem. I hope they'll be just as effective in helping her arthritis as Cosequin would.
    Dasuquin is an upgraded version of Cosequin. It's Cosequin with an added ingredient that makes it work better.
    Dr. Gus

Quote Originally Posted by DrGus View Post
    Dasuquin is an upgraded version of Cosequin. It's Cosequin with an added ingredient that makes it work better.
    Thanks! I've been giving Amy 2 per day, as directed. I really don't know if it's helping her or not yet. It's been way to hot to really walk her. I just managed to get her for a walk today around 8:30.

Hopefully this will help her arthritis, and she has no problem eating soft chews.
    Jill Gallo /Manager