Bonnie threw up, won't eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnie threw up, won't eat

Yesterday morning, Bonnie threw up three times. She's been throwing up with increasing regularity, but hadn't done so in a week. After that, she wouldn't eat and appeared very sluggish, and was hiding for awhile. We took her to the vet, who gave her some sort of anti-nausea medication as well as hydrated her and some sort of intestinal medication, I think all intravenously. When she got home, little by little she was better, first she came out of hiding, then she went into the living room in one of her usual places, and toward the end of the day, she ate little morsels of food I gave her (which included some mile food they have her). Three times. But this morning. although she's not hiding or anything, she's not eating again. Anyone have any ideas? She's 12 years old.

I've never had cats, but it seem like she needs a trip to the vet again.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

The vet should to check her kidney function i.e. BUN and creatinine.
      The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
        The vet should to check her kidney function i.e. BUN and creatinine.
        P.s I am not a vet but this sounds familiar. The labtests will cost $$ so ask your vet firts
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

If she threw up like three-time, then there must be something. You should bring her to the vet for a better checkup.

Comment

How is Bonnie doing?

Comment

Bonnie has now recovered completely. We took her twice to the vet, who gave her several medications. For a few days, it didn't look good. She was lethargic, wouldn't eat and we had to feed her by a dropper. The diagnosis was pancreatitis. Little by little, after receiving the medications (and an appetite stimulant) she began to eat. Then, she began to vocalize and didn't stay hidden in the corners anymore, she came right back into our room(s). Eventually, she was able to jump like she used to, and the last step was when she began to play again (when we threw her the toy mice).

Comment

Glad she recovered, that is bad stuff to deal with. Give her a scritch from me and tell her good job!

Comment

Glad to see that Bonnie is doing well!
                  Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I’m glad to hear that Bonnie is better. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

I'm glad Bonnie is feeling better. Our dog Amy had pancreatitis which she got from medicine she was taking because of Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia. It was scary. She was lethargic, wouldn't eat, her eyes and gums had a yellow tinge and her heart rate was very elevated.

I'm glad Bonnie recovered fully.
                      Jill Gallo /Manager
                      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Working...
                      X