Misty is home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misty is home

Picked her up this morning. A rather vocal ride all the way home. One of the first things she did was to drink from her fountain. She really loves running water, and while at the vet hospital, only a water bowl. Chase saw her, and immediately took to the hills. Tonight I will see if she is a glow-in-the-dark kitty! Just joking, of course. For fun, I put a radioactive warning sign on the front door.
    sigpic

I'm glad she's home. In the long run this is much better than pilling her.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

She has done a lot of sleeping since coming home. She seems a bit changed, as the picture shows:

Misty-106.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe she just tired and be far from home is quite not okay for certain cats. Like mine, they go to the vet because they are sick but they get "sicker" until we take them home and they started to get better.

Comment

Interesting photo. Is she glowing in the dark? She seems pretty relaxed anyway. I think she deserves a treat.
          The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Glad she is home.

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
              Interesting photo. Is she glowing in the dark? She seems pretty relaxed anyway. I think she deserves a treat.
              I tried to find an effect that would give her a glow in the dark theme. She is being a total sweetheart. I got awakened this morning with Chase growling from her hammock. Misty had come up to stare at Chase, and Chase does not like Misty. And Misty doesn't care. Fortunately it was not 4:30 AM! I think Misty is so happy to get back to her fountain. She does not like water that is still. For those interested, the entire regimen comes in around $2000. That includes the blood panels that gave the initial diagnosis, the pills and the follow up blood work after she was medicated for a month, the required x-rays and then the radioactive iodine treatment. After I got her home, she slept a lot. I suspect she didn't get a lot of sleep at the vet hospital. They said she was in a cat condo, but I couldn't enter the building to see where she was.

in edit: One thing has changed with Misty being at the vet hospital for almost four days. Jazmine has spend a lot of time of my lap, considering that was rather rare before. She usually lolled around on the cat trees. Right now she is on my lap, and not just for a few seconds like before.
              Last edited by calicokitty; 10-16-2020, 10:59 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear that there were no fireworks on Misty’s arrival home. The way they regulate access to the animals being treated you would think they should glow in the dark.....but the treatment works and its worth it.
                The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

There was none of that 'you are a stranger with new smells' behavior. And it is helpful that Misty uses only two of the litter boxes, both covered ones. So isolating the litter is much easier. But yes, a lengthy 'legal' agreement about procedures once she is home.

in edit: Misty at home. I can see I will need to clean the chair. That is a problem with one cat drools on the chair while sleeping (Tige) or another one eats too fast and then barfs while on the chair. They don't leave me a dry chair to sit on. I did a steam cleaning which was fairly good, but they didn't allow that to last very long.

Misty-107s.jpg
                  Last edited by calicokitty; 10-16-2020, 03:54 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Aww, she does look like she's resting comfortably.
                    Jill Gallo /Manager
                    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

The hardest part of her being home is that she wants to be super affectionate, and I cannot let her be close to me for two weeks. I can take it a few minutes at a time, but that is about it. And she doesn't understand that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
                        The hardest part of her being home is that she wants to be super affectionate, and I cannot let her be close to me for two weeks. I can take it a few minutes at a time, but that is about it. And she doesn't understand that.
                        Awww. She loves you. Spend as many minutes as you can with her.

Comment

Working...
                        X