All Pet Valu stores are closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Pet Valu stores are closing

All of the US Pet Value stores are closing. This is upsetting to me because it's where I buy my shelled bird seed. PetSmart sells small bags of mixed seed, but Pet Valu sells large bags of both shelled mixed seeds, and shelled sunflower seeds. I went today to buy a bunch of bags so I can stock up on it. I don't want to have to order that from Amazon. I like to shop at local stores if I can.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

I just read that in the business section. The story stated that they couldn't adapt to the pandemic. They mainly had physical locations where one brought their pet in, and lacked the ability to do the on-line shipping. This will be bad news to some of the rescue groups who display their pets for adoption at the stores. Tige originally was displayed at one of their stores.
    I get my bird seed (sunflower hearts, etc.) at a seed store. Then again, I buy hundreds of pounds for the season.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
      I just read that in the business section. The story stated that they couldn't adapt to the pandemic. They mainly had physical locations where one brought their pet in, and lacked the ability to do the on-line shipping. This will be bad news to some of the rescue groups who display their pets for adoption at the stores. Tige originally was displayed at one of their stores.
      I get my bird seed (sunflower hearts, etc.) at a seed store. Then again, I buy hundreds of pounds for the season.
      Does your seed store sell them shelled? Not that I would drive there anyway. I don't like to spend weekends in the spring raking up sunflower seed shells.
      Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

I get 50 pound bags of hearts, shelled. They also sell them by the pound. That way I get a 'flour' but no shells to sweep up. The flour comes from when they break up the hearts while eating the pieces. Keeps things neat. Might be worthwhile to call around. I know there are stores that sell bird feeders and other outdoor things for birds, and they might have sunflower hearts.
        sigpic

Comment

We don't have those stores in the south. I was buying my bird feed at a local Ace hardware but it changed brands to True Value and that brand is very dusty.

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
            I get 50 pound bags of hearts, shelled. They also sell them by the pound. That way I get a 'flour' but no shells to sweep up. The flour comes from when they break up the hearts while eating the pieces. Keeps things neat. Might be worthwhile to call around. I know there are stores that sell bird feeders and other outdoor things for birds, and they might have sunflower hearts.
            Thanks it's worth looking into. There has to be a feed store in this state somewhere. North and West are farming territories. I used to fill up 3 or 4 contractor bags with sunflower seed shells!
            Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

I get my seed from one of those old fashioned garden supply stores, that also sells seed and hay bales as well as shrubs and trees. The owner, long since passed away, used to bring in a railroad boxcar of bird seed, and people came from miles around.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X