From bucolic to busy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From bucolic to busy

All within a space of a few miles, and on the same trail. I did one of my rare journeys into Philadelphia.

SRT-20s.jpgSRT-23s.jpg
    sigpic

I'm more into the first scene.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

I don't bike the trail into Philly very often. As one can see, it can become crowded, and I shifted down to travel slowly. But other bicyclists go full throttle which is not only scary for the people, but if one sees one of them coming at you. And some people walk the trail as if they are the only ones. The trail is 12 feet or more wide, so why do they walk to take up most of the width? I took a side trip on a 2 mile or so 'Heritage" trail. It is all uphill, but fun to do the return ride without having to pedal.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm with Jill...love the greenery!
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

the path is clear and clean.
          im gonna like the vibe (nature vibe) if I'm going to run there

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
            I don't bike the trail into Philly very often. As one can see, it can become crowded, and I shifted down to travel slowly. But other bicyclists go full throttle which is not only scary for the people, but if one sees one of them coming at you. And some people walk the trail as if they are the only ones. The trail is 12 feet or more wide, so why do they walk to take up most of the width? I took a side trip on a 2 mile or so 'Heritage" trail. It is all uphill, but fun to do the return ride without having to pedal.
            I have that happen too, when 2 or more people will take up the whole path. I do have a bell on my bicycle, but I usually just yell out excuse me, or passing on the left.
            Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

I will often simply call out "on your left" but last weekend, I did a couple of Whoas! I was monitoring a mother and her kid, and the kid was on a scooter, and as I passed, suddenly veered towards me, and I was as far over as possible. I had slowed down, but it was close.
              sigpic

Comment

I will often simply call out "on your left" but last weekend, I did a couple of Whoas! I was monitoring a mother and her kid, and the kid was on a scooter, and as I passed, suddenly veered towards me, and I was as far over as possible. I had slowed down, but it was close.
                I've had that happen to me too. I've also had kids on bicycles dart right in front of me.
                Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

Very interesting situation today. The trail ranger vehicle was stopped, and a person was off the side asking a question. I slowed, and saw I had space to go between them, yet coming up the trail at full blast was a rider. He had no intention of slowing and I think he went behind the person in the grass. It is these speed demons that are just in a class by themselves. I think some of these riders have no idea that there is a brake on their bicycles.
                  sigpic

Comment

Very interesting situation today. The trail ranger vehicle was stopped, and a person was off the side asking a question. I slowed, and saw I had space to go between them, yet coming up the trail at full blast was a rider. He had no intention of slowing and I think he went behind the person in the grass. It is these speed demons that are just in a class by themselves. I think some of these riders have no idea that there is a brake on their bicycles.
                    People need to be respectful of other people's ride, or walk for that matter.
                    Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

Working...
                    X