I won a t-shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won a t-shirt

I got a notification from the PetCo Foundation that I won a free t-shirt for sending in my short story of how adopting a pet has changed my life for the better. If I recall what I wrote, it was more that my ability to get Misty her radioactive iodine treatment meant a great deal to me and so glad to be able to do so, and my desire to adopt a senior cat when I adopted her.
    sigpic

That’s nice...everyone needs more t-shirts, but more importantly you said something significant about adopting senior cats.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Congrats. Maybe you have a second career as a writer ahead of you.
      The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
        Congrats. Maybe you have a second career as a writer ahead of you.
        For me, the real satisfaction is seeing something of mine in print in a Letter to the Editor in the Philadelphia Inquirer. And I have gotten a number of them over the years, and one is lucky to get one every six months or so, as the competition is fierce, and it is not meant to be a steady stream from the same person, and only a handful of letters published per day. In addition, one has a very small number of words available to make one's point. It is easy to write on a topic in 1000 words, but much harder to make the same point in 150 words. I actually often find I made the initial cut, but then as they balance the letters submitted, I don't make the final cut.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X