Good news for your hamster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for your hamster

(Reuters) - Johnson & Johnson <JNJ.N> said on Thursday its experimental coronavirus vaccine prevented hamsters from getting severely ill, as the drugmaker seeks to begin large, late-stage studies in humans later this month. In the pre-clinical study reported on Thursday, Syrian golden hamsters, which are more susceptible to diseases than monkeys, were first vaccinated and then exposed to the novel coronavirus after four weeks.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/j-js-...181712821.html
    sigpic

Wonderful.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

That’s great if you’re a hamster
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I am thinking of studying a foreign language.I wonder if I speak hamster if I can fool Covid? And why do I always want to spell hamster as hampster?
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
          I am thinking of studying a foreign language.I wonder if I speak hamster if I can fool Covid? And why do I always want to spell hamster as hampster?
          Maybe you think hamsters come from the Hamptons?
          Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post

Maybe you think hamsters come from the Hamptons?
            You mean they don’t?
            The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

You mean they don’t?
              No, they come from New Hampshire. I thought everyone knew that.
              Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post

No, they come from New Hampshire. I thought everyone knew that.
                Let me guess, the town of Hamster, New Hampshire? Hamster sort of sounds like Muenster. They must have immigrated from Germany.

Comment

Let me guess, the town of Hamster, New Hampshire? Hamster sort of sounds like Muenster. They must have immigrated from Germany.
                  And brought muenster cheese with them?
                  Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

this is funny. I just thought the same. I can speak hamster

Comment

A recent preliminary report from the Univ of Pittsburg indicates they found an antibody that protects hamsters and mice against Covid-19. The phrase "are you a mouse or a man" may take on greater importance. However, something that works in mice doesn't always translate to something that works in people. That is why science proceeds slowly and methodically.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, nice to know this...

Comment

Working...
                        X