Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need to worry about my pet’s teeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need to worry about my pet’s teeth?

Can somebody answer this?

I am not a vet, but a pet's teeth is something a vet always checks. Cats in particular are subject to feline absorption, where the body attacks its own teeth, absorbing them which is very painful for the cat and requires extraction. And dogs are often given things to chew on to reduce tartar formation. Unfortunately, pet dental costs can be as expensive as people dental costs.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes...
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
        I am not a vet, but a pet's teeth is something a vet always checks. Cats in particular are subject to feline absorption, where the body attacks its own teeth, absorbing them which is very painful for the cat and requires extraction. And dogs are often given things to chew on to reduce tartar formation. Unfortunately, pet dental costs can be as expensive as people dental costs.
        Thanks

Comment

A vet once gave me a kitty tooth brush and liver flavoured tooth paste. I tried to brush the cats teeth but after my blood transfusion I decided to leave it to the vet to do an annual cleaning.
          The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
          X